Monday, October 16, 2017

H2H Challenges: Under the Weather

All of the Heart2Heart Challenges are open for the entire month once they are issued (so all the October challenges are open through 10/31) and this one, Under the Weather, especially touches my heart right now.  My principal announced a few short weeks ago that she has been diagnosed with breast cancer.  She is having a lumpectomy today and then will start radiation soon.  I made this card for her.  She is such a fighter and is in excellent spirits!
I used the hurricane relief stamp set, Stronger Together, for the sentiment, and my CTMH/Cricut Flower Market cartridge for the banner.  The background is a gorgeous piece of Raspberry B&T that I paired with Emerald B&T (both from the Adventure Fundamentals), Emerald card stock, and Adventure ribbon.  To achieve the two-toned sentiment, I inked up most of the stamp with Raspberry ink and the very bottom with Emerald.  (Our clear My Acrylix makes it easy!)  A pair of White Dots finished off this card.

If you're of the praying sort, please keep my principal in your prayers!  She has a great attitude and plans to kick cancer to the curb!  Thank you so much! Be sure to visit the H2H blog to see what our Design Team came up with for the Under the Weather challenge and all the October challenges.  Won't you join us?

2 comments:

  1. Nice use of the watercolor flower paper. It makes a really sweet card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely card! Praying all will be well with her.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails